It is the start of February, my weight has crept up, I knew it was and yet I did nothing to prevent it. I am now once again restricted to my fat clothes and huffing and puffing my way through my days. However, paradoxically I have started running on the treadmill. I started last week, just doing a couple of minutes out of my 45 and pretty quickly got up to 9 minutes in one week. So this week I am running 10 minutes regardless of how long it takes me (last night it took 30 minutes) and next week I will move on to 15. The big deal about 15 minutes is that I will be running a mile all told. Coupling that with my aforementioned lent commitment and I should start seeing results within a few days. I still need to set a goal however, I am workign on this. Maybe this time I can stop myself from being stupid and falling back into old habits. I guess time will tell.

I recently sold the Bowflex. It was really not doing a great job and substituted it for a Hoist bench with an olympic bar and weights.

Hoist Bench

As you can probably tell, this is a little different in respect to the type of workout I can do. The Bowflex was great for the rehab kind of stuff I needed after the surgery however it has been long enough and is about time that I got something that can truly replicate what I do in the gym. Speaking of the gym, given that my boss in his infinite wisdom is making Bob and I stay until 430 alternate days I have not been getting to the gym. I know it is a terrible excuse but by the time we get home in the freezing weather I just am nit up for getting changed for it all. So I have been working at home. Once the weather warms up again I will get back to the gym and of course we are pressuring the man to recant on his ridiculous requirement that we stay late, regardless of the “comfort” of the other staff.

I awoke one morning shortly before the wedding with a nagging soreness in my right rhomboid. This is not something I am unfamiliar with and so I was not surprised by it. However, the soreness did not get better and after the gym it was quire painful. The next day I awoke with an almost completely numb right hand and the inability to grip with any conviction. As it turns out, after an MRI and some testing I hd lost 60% of my strength and have apparently 3 impinging deiscs in my neck. HOWEVER, they are impinging on the left side, not the right where the pain and numbness are. So I went to see Dr Esmial who in turn sent me for the aforementioned MRI. In turn, once we got the results, he sent me back to Dr Striowski for Physio. All the while I have been having acupuncture for my back and trying several different treatments for my digestion issues.

The physio has been a world of help. After the first session I regained almost all my grip strength and am now at about 90%. However I still have numbness in my two outside fingers of my right hand. I also present with muscular weakness throughout my right side from my fingers up to my triceps. I have actually just switched from my first physio Karen to another Asian woman named Lianne who is far stronger and borderline violent with my head. Apparently my neck was just too much for Karen to move around given her own physical limitations.

The naturopath has been fine. My back, although sore at times has not given out at all and the points and massage do seem to help. They are also giving me hydrochloric acid to try to prevent my reflux problem and although hesitant, I do seem to have a marginal improvement. However, I am not going to jump to any conclusions with that since it seems to come and go with some ferocity.

Happy Pancake Day!!!